The Case1Card can be issued to you when you are issued a network ID at Case Western Reserve University or upon employment. It is your official identification card and is valid if you are a registered student or employed at the University. The Case1Card is also issued to individuals affiliated with Case Western Reserve University, based on specific criteria.
- A valid government issued photo ID must be shown before a Case1Card will be issued.
- Students must be active in SIS to receive a Case1Card.
- New employees will not be able to receive their IDs until Human Resources issues then an ID authorization for or their name appears on the new employee orientation list.
- The Access Services Office will not issue an ID to employees prior to their actual payroll appointment date.
- Each student, employee, and affiliate carry’s only one active card. Employees who are not taking classes do not receive a student Case1Card.
- For students and employees, the seven-digit student ID number is encoded on the magnetic strip on the back of the card.
- No profiles, hats, headbands, sunglasses, etc. are allowed when your photograph is taken for the Case1card.
- The Case1Card is property of Case Western Reserve University and is non-transferable. It must always be carried and presented and/or surrendered to University officials upon request.
- Unauthorized use warrants confiscation and/or disciplinary action.
- Your Case1Card does expire if you leave the University. Your Case1Card must be returned upon termination of enrollment or affiliation with the university.
- If your Case1Card is replaced due to theft or loss, it is de-activated and can be reactivated should you find it later.
All cardholders pay $25 for replacement of lost or stolen cards or name change. A replacement due to normal wear and tear will have no fee assessed to the cardholder upon surrendering the original card to Access Services. Normal wear and tear replacement must be approved by the supervisor. If you do not have the card at the time of reissuance, the replacement fee will be applied.
- Your digital photograph will be printed on the face of your Case1Card and will be stored in the security database.
- A new picture will be taken only if there has been a significant change in your appearance or the photo in the database is more than 2 years old.
- Photo images captured for the identification card become part of the cardholders’ educational record and therefore may be used for official University business.
Case Western Reserve University's Access Services Office and its personnel are not liable for financial or criminal repercussions associated with lost, stolen, damaged, or fraudulent use of Case1Cards, departmental cards, copy cards and employee badges.
Personal information is kept secure and confidential at Access Services. Outside parties are not privileged to personal or account information unless express consent is granted, or the University is required to comply with legal or government agencies.
The magnetic stripe on the back of your Case1Card can be used for a variety of things: checking out materials at the libraries, meal plans and food purchases and bookstore purchases.
Meal plan balance will be restored when a new card is issued.
- Lost/stolen Card Replacement fee is $25 and is payable at the time of re-issuance online at https://cwru-sp.transactcampus.com/CaseOneCard/AnonymousHome.aspx
- Cardholders must present a valid government issued photo ID when picking up a replacement card
- Damage Card Replacement due to normal wear and tear or a name change will have no fee assessed to the cardholder upon surrendering the original card to the Access Services Office. If you do not have the card at the time of reissuance the replacement fee will be applied.
- Cardholders will not be allowed to wear any article of clothing or eyewear that in the judgement of the carding staff obscures his/her physical features. Any exceptions to this judgement above will be made on a case-per-case basis.
- Do not punch holders, affix non-University stickers or in any other way make modifications to your Case1Card. You will be charged the replacement fee.
- Do not lend your Case1Card to others.
- Do not punch holes, affix stickers, or in any other way make modifications to your Case1Card. Such practices may create problems when trying to use your card for Official University business, vending, parking or card swipe functions
- University departments are encouraged not to retain a Case1Card in exchange for reference materials and/or product check out to an individual. If they do retain a Case1Card and would happen to lose it, they will be responsible for covering the replacement fee.
- If a card is found, return it to Case Western Reserve University Access Services, 10900 Euclid Ave., Crawford Hall, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.