All students must return their ID cards upon termination of enrollment or affiliation with the university. If a student does not return their ID card and returns to CWRU in any capacity, they will be responsible to pay the replacement fee or return their student ID at that time.
For final paychecks to be released/mailed, all employees must return their ID cards to Access Services. If the ID card is lost, a replacement fee must be paid before final paycheck will be released. This fee cannot be payroll deducted.
If an employee also enrolls in classes at CWRU, they may not get an additional student ID card or swap out their employee ID card for a student ID card. Employee status trumps student status, regardless if the employee is enrolled part time or full time. If the employee leaves their position at CWRU but remains a student, only then can they swap out their employee ID card for their student ID card.
Affiliates (Temporary, Contractor, Volunteer, Community, etc.)
As with students and employees noted above, all affiliated persons must return their ID cards to Access Services upon termination of affiliation. All affiliated ID cards must be requested with an expiration date. Even if the affiliate ID card has expired, it still needs to be returned to Access Services.
All Access Will Be Removed for Any Status Change
If a student becomes an employee, an employee becomes a student, a student becomes a volunteer, or any individual experiences any type of classification change, all current access will be removed and need to be requested again by the individual's authorized department person(s).
Name Changes on CWRU ID Card
There is a $25.00 fee to change the name on any CWRU ID card, for any reason.
Condition of Use
- Your ID card is NOT TRANSFERABLE and must be presented upon request to establish official University affiliation.
- The University is not responsible for any loss or expense resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of your ID card.
- CWRU ID cards must be returned upon termination of enrollment or affiliation with the University.
- If your ID card is damaged (including, but not limited to, holes punched in the card, bent, or scratched) or lost, a replacement fee will be charged.
- One card only will be issued per person and the status on the card will correspond to the person's primary affiliation with the University.
ID Card Tips
- Do not affix stickers or other items to your ID card.
- Do not punch a hole in your card.
- To extend the life of your card, please handle it carefully.
- Do not use it as a tool (i.e., do not scrape ice from your windshield with it).
- Store your card in a protective sleeve or wallet.
- Do not store your card with keys or other items that could scratch or bend the card.
- Do not place your ID Card on any magnets or near the speaker portion of any electronic device, as this could deactivate the magnetic strip and possibly lead to a replacement fee.