- Sleeping bag. Overnight student guests will sleep on the floor of a current student's room. Bring a sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, etc. to make your stay more comfortable. (If you do not have any of these items, you may contact your host for suggestions or contact us!)
- Personal items, including a bath towel and other overnight necessities. Your host may confirm what items to bring.
- Spending money. Day-long events include meal vouchers for lunch on campus, and some special events include additional meals. You should plan to bring some spending money for travel and any meals not included in your event. And perhaps you’ll want to grab a souvenir before returning home!
- Comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking a lot, so put comfort first.
Arriving on campus
Check your event confirmation messages for details on when and where to check in to your event.
You will be emailed a parking pass with the parking lots authorized for your event. We can only authorize parking lots specific to your program. You’ll need to print the parking pass and keep it on your dashboard. You will be able to keep your car in the garage overnight; there is a 24-hour attendant on duty.
We recommend that families drop students off first (or drop your luggage off first if you are traveling alone and staying overnight) before parking, since parking locations may be a few minutes’ walk from check-in.
What to pack
- Pack a small bag/suitcase that you can carry on the plane. (Airlines often charge you to check a bag, a cost which CWRU will not reimburse.) Remember to bring something to sleep on for your stay in the residence hall (you'll receive another email with overnight information).
- Do you know about the Liquids Rule when flying? See details here.
At the airport
- Check in to your flight 24 hours ahead of your scheduled departure.
- Plan to get to the airport two hours prior to your flight's departure time.
- You can print your boarding pass from a home computer or at the airport ticketing desk (or download your airline's app to your phone).
- You need to go through a security line to get to your flight gate. Be sure to bring a government issued photo identification which you will have to show at security.
Inquiries about the event can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.368.4450.