What to bring
- Personal items, including other overnight necessities.
- Spending money. You will not need to pay for anything while you are on campus, but you should plan to bring some spending money for travel. If you will eat during your flight or drive or in case of emergency during travel, you’ll want to have some spending money. And perhaps you’ll want to grab a souvenir before returning home!
- Comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking a lot so make sure to pack your comfy ones!
- Check the weather forecast before you depart. You may consider bringing a coat. No need to pack anything fancy. Pack for comfort!
Remember to complete the overnight forms here. Because the forms require your parent or guardian's signature, you will need to complete them ahead of time. Rather than waiting until you arrive, email completed forms to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Pictures of completed forms are permissible, as long as they are legible.)
Arriving on Campus
Check-in for Diversity Overnight begins at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday at the Tinkham Veale University Center (11038 Bellflower Rd., Cleveland, OH 44106). Please find directions to campus here and parking directions for Lot 29 here. (11172 East Bvld, Cleveland, OH 44106).
CWRU has arranged free parking for you in Lot 29 (11172 East Bvld, Cleveland, OH 44106). A parking voucher will be emailed to you which you’ll need to print and keep on your dashboard. Please bring your luggage and any other overnight items with you after parking.
You will be able to keep your car in the garage overnight; there is a 24-hour attendant on duty. Please make sure to allow enough time to park and get to check-in on time.
What to pack
- Pack a small bag/suitcase as a carry-on.
- Make sure to familiarize yourself with the Liquids Rule. See details here.
- Check the weather forecast before you depart and wear comfortable shoes. You may also consider bringing a coat. You'll be walking around campus! No need to pack anything fancy. Pack for comfort!
At the airport
- Check in to your flight 24 hours ahead of your scheduled departure.
- Plan to get to the airport two hours prior to your flight's departure time.
- You can print your boarding pass from a home computer or at the airport ticketing desk (or download the airline's app to your phone).
- You need to go through a security line to get to your flight gate. Be sure to bring a government issued photo identification which you will have to show at security.
Once you arrive at the Cleveland airport
- Transportation will be provided from the airport to campus, and back to the airport on Monday.
- For students arriving during the scheduled shuttle times, a CWRU representative will plan to meet you at the baggage claim area, Carousel 1 by the USO office.
- For students arriving outside our shuttle times, we will contact you directly to make transportation arrangements.
- We will keep an eye on your flight, so don't worry if you are delayed slightly.
- Those whose flights arrive early will come to campus and have the chance to get a bite to eat and explore University Circle with a current student before programming officially begins.
- There will be shuttles leaving from the Tinkham Veale University Center on Monday to return you to the airport.
Inquiries about the event can be directed to email@example.com or 216.368.4450.
Remember to complete the overnight forms here. Because they require your parent or guardian's signature, you will need to complete them ahead of time. Rather than waiting until you arrive, email completed forms to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Pictures of completed forms are permissible, as long as they are legible.)