Case Western Reserve is a leading research institution that annually adds $1 billion to the region’s economy. The university employs more than 6,000 faculty and professional staff—making it among Northeast Ohio’s top 20 largest employers—and boasts more than 110,000 alumni, more than 35,000 of whom live in the region.
In Research and Technology
The university’s commercialization efforts make a difference in our economy and society. We have successfully partnered with more than 500 companies of all sizes to work on collaborative projects. Our researchers annually bring in an average of:
- More than $400 million in research expenditures
- More than $4.3 million in licensing revenues
- Nearly 300 active licenses
- More than 200 invention disclosures
- Nearly 100 patents
- About half of our annual investment in patents is reimbursed by active commercialization partners
Innovation Starts at CWRU
Over the years, faculty, students, and alumni have impacted society through invention and industry.