Case Western Reserve University celebrated its homecoming the weekend of Oct. 7–9, 2022. The law school took the opportunity to honor its faculty, staff, alumni and students throughout the weekend. The School of Law Alumni Association kicked off the weekend with the annual Alumni and Faculty Dinner, which recognizes the reunion classes and presents alumni association awards.
This year’s award winners include:
- Bill Paddock (LAW ‘69) - Joan Gross ‘76 Annual Fund Award, which recognizes a member or members of the alumni association who best exemplify the extraordinary leadership of Joan Gross (‘76) by advocating for the law school annual fund, fostering a culture of philanthropy for the law school, and volunteering with the Annual Giving or Development Office
- Ikechukwu (Ike) Ekeke (LAW ‘16) - Distinguished Recent Graduate Award, given to a graduate with significant participation in professional activities, professional accomplishment, community activities, and involvement in law alumni affairs
- Kevin C. McMunigal, JD - Distinguished Teacher Award, to recognize a commitment to education and the pursuit of knowledge, which has enriched the personal and professional lives of students. This award is given to a member of faculty who excels as a communicator, motivator and scholar
- Mark A. Weinberger (LAW ‘87) - Centennial Medal, which recognizes exceptional meritorious achievement in honor of the 1992 Law School Centennial. It is the highest honor bestowed on one of the law school graduates
The fun continued on Saturday, where the Barrister’s Golden Circle brunch was held prior to the annual football game. This ceremony honored law school graduates of 50 years or more and included the induction of the classes of 1972 into the Barristers Golden Circle.
Recognition of alumni, faculty and members of the public culminated with the Society of Benchers induction ceremony on Oct. 9. The 2022–2023 inductees include individuals recognized for their contributions to the law school, local community, and public service.
This year, 12 new members were inducted into the Society of Benchers:
- Justin M. Bibb (LAW ‘18)
- David J. Elk (LAW ‘64)
- Mark Griffin (LAW ‘94)
- Marie Grossman (LAW ‘71)
- Kimya Johnson (LAW ‘02)
- Arjun Kampani (LAW ‘98)
- Judge William C. McConico (LAW ‘99)
- John Pendergrass (LAW ‘79)
- Ron Rakowsky (LAW ‘69)
- Joseph M. Sellers (LAW ‘79)
- Jonathan Gordon
- Nancy H. Canary
Thank you to all alumni, faculty and staff who joined us for the 2022 Reunion Weekend. Mark your calendars for Oct. 12–15, 2023, as we look ahead to Homecoming and Reunion weekend next year!