In a virtual ceremony attended by family and friends on May 19, fourteen exceptional CWRU law students were honored with Case Global Service Awards for their extraordinary contributions to the School of Law’s top-ranked International Law Program.
Despite limits imposed because of the pandemic, for the students involved in the CWRU School of Law International Law program it was a year like no other, marked by success after success. The CWRU Jessup International Law Moot Court team came in third in the global competition, the International Criminal Court Moot Court team took second place in the North and South America’s competition and the Vis International Arbitration team won the best speaker award. Students published articles on cutting-edge topics, assisted in the documentation of war crimes and crimes against humanity in Yemen, and externed at the International Criminal Court, Cambodia Genocide Tribunal, and the International Tribunal for Lebanon.
The Case Global service awards were presented by a dozen members of the international law faculty, who highlighted the contributions of each student recipient.
The 2021 award winners are:
- Kristin Lyons – President of the International Law Society.
- Alexander Peters – Co-President of the National Security Law Society.
- Michael Zucker – Co-President of the National Security Law Society.
- Bethany Gump Jones – Editor in Chief of the Journal of International Law.
- Alexandria McKenna Lundberg – Managing Editor of the Journal of International Law.
- Kristen Connors – Managing Editor of the Canada-US Law Journal and a member of the award-winning ICC Moot Court Team.
- David Krawiec – Editor in Chief of War Crimes Prosecution Watch and Chief of Investigations of the Yemen Accountability Project.
- Laura Graham – Captain of the award-winning Jessup Team, Executive Director of the Yeman Accountability Project and Executive Notes Editor of the Journal of International Law.
- Elizabeth Safier – Co-Captain of the Jessup Team, Deputy Executive Director of the Yemen Accountability Project and Senior Cox Center Fellow.
- Jazmine Edwards – Member of the ICC Moot Court team and TA for the Fundamentals of International Law Course.
- Caroline Ford – Member of the ICC Moot Court team.
- Kristina Aiad-Toss – Co-Captain of the award-winning Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot team.
- Denakpon Tchobo – SJD Assistant Coach of the ICC Moot Court team.
- Yuan "Zachary" Zhang – LLM student of the Year.