My research focuses on simulation and applied informatics to improve health-care decision-making; much of this research has a strong translational focus, resulting in collaboration with patient care and health care systems on clinical trials. More recently, research has centered on the utility of wearable technologies for human performance assessment and conversational agents in enhancing the quality of life for isolated patients.
Dr. Drummond’s research interests are on the practical application of simulation and healthcare information technology to support clinical decision-making, including advances in understanding wearable analytics for human performance assessment. Current projects involve clinical studies to obtain primary data-based for human performance modeling and simulation studies, and projects involving the use of conversational agent technology to improve the activities of daily living for polypharmacy patients in isolated living situations.
- "Financial Decision-Making for Engineers – A Field Guide,” Drummond, C. Yale University Press; released March 13, 2018.
- Wearable Sensors for Monitoring the Physiological and Biochemical Profile of the Athlete." Dhruv R. Seshadri, Ryan T. Li, James E. Voos, James R. Rowbottom, Celeste M. Alfes, Christian A. Zorman, Colin K. Drummond. npj Digital Medicine volume 2, Article number: 72 (2019).
- Accuracy of the Apple Watch to Measure Heart Rate in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation.” Dhruv R. Seshadri, Barb Bittel, Dalton Browsky, Penny Houghtaling, Colin K. Drummond, Milind Desai, A. Marc Gillinov. IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, vol. 8, pp. 1-4, 2020, Art no. 2700204.
- Accuracy of the Apple Watch Series 4 for Detection of Heart Rhythm: A Pilot Study. “ Dhruv R. Seshadri, Barb Bittel, Dalton Browsky, Penny Houghtaling, Colin K. Drummond, Milind Desai, A. Marc Gillinov Circulation, 141 (8), 702-703 (2020)
- Wearable sensors for COVID-19: a call to action to harness our digital infrastructure for remote patient monitoring and virtual assessments." DR Seshadri, EV Davies, ER Harlow, JJ Hsu, SC Knighton, TA Walker, Frontiers in Digital Health 2, 8 (2020)
- Wearable Technology and Analytics as a Complementary Toolkit to Optimize Workload and to Reduce Injury Burden." DR Seshadri, ML Thom, ER Harlow, TJ Gabbett, BJ Geletka, J Hsu. Frontiers in Sports and Active Living 2, 228 (2021).