Thank you for your interest in the Humanities Pathway! The Pathway programs at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine allow students to take a “deep dive” into areas of interest of their own choosing. Students in the Humanities Pathway often join to stay connected with their past selves, to find a community of like-minded peers, and to develop humanities skills such as seeing through others’ perspectives and developing emotional resources to avoid burnout and facilitate communication with patients.
To apply for the 2023-2024 academic year:
- Complete the Pathway Survey, required for applications to all Pathways.
- Then, submit your materials to the Humanities Pathway by Friday, August 11 at 11:59 p.m.
- The email copy you received of your responses to the Pathway Survey.
- Your curriculum vitae.
- 3 short responses (approximate 750 words in total)
- In approximately 250 words, why do you want to learn more about the humanities?
- In approximately 250 words, reflect on a text (story/poem/novel/artwork/film/television show/piece of music, etc.) you have read/viewed/listened to that has had an impact on your worldview.
- In approximately 250 words, why do you think the humanities are important to medicine? Please give a specific example.
M1 Students, join current Humanities Pathway students for Health Humanities Trivia Night on Thursday, August 3rd starting at 6:00 p.m. in the Powell Room on the 2nd Floor of the Allen Library. There will be food and prizes.
If you have any questions, please contact the faculty lead for the Pathway, Erin Gentry Lamb, at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Humanities Pathway Advisory Committee
Faculty Lead, Erin Gentry Lamb