The Molecular Biology and Genotyping (MBG) Module facilitates the use of fundamental techniques in molecular biology for the many vision investigators who desire to add these tools to their research capabilities, as well as for investigators who already use some of these techniques. The MBG Module is responsible for providing skilled technical expertise, equipment and techniques for PCR analysis/genotyping, quantification and imaging of gels, real time PCR, cloning and mutagenesis, clone analysis, RNA purification and syntheses, and detailed sequence analysis.
The module also provides training and assistance for the Li-Cor Odyssey Fc Infrared Imaging System for protein Westerns.
Other services offered by the Genotyping Core:
- Plasmid purification (small-scale up to 200ugs)
- Cloning and mutagenesis
- CRISPR single guide RNA screening
- Clone analysis (restriction enzyme, sequencing)
- RNA purification from tissue or culture
How to Utilize:
- Please call John Denker at 216.368.4990 to discuss if you are a first time user.
- Fill out Genotyping Request Form and email it to email@example.com or bring in with samples.
Please contact John Denker at 216.368.4990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paul Park, Ph.D., Module Director
Institute of Pathology, Room 312
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
John Denker, Module Manager
Institute of Pathology Building, Room 110