David Hackney, MD; Associate Professor
- Erica Berggren, MD; Assistant Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Genetics, Reproductive Biology, Director Obstetric Ultrasound
- Jane Corteville, MD; Assistant Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Genetics, Reproductive Biology, Director Obstetric Ultrasound
- Justin Lappen, MD; Assistant Professor
- Noam Lazebnik, MD; Professor, Genetics, Reproductive Biology and Radiology
- Melissa March, MD; Assistant Professor
- Safinaz Tulin Ozcan, MD; Clinical Associate Professor
- Ellie Ragsdale, MD; Assistant Professor
- Elizabeth Rugza, CNM; Patient Navigator, Comprehensive Maternal and Fetal Care Center
- Andrea Schalk, BSN, RN; High Risk Antepartum Facilitator
- Honor M. Wolfe, MD; Mary D. Fergus Chair in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Professor
The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) provides tertiary obstetrical services for the northeast Ohio region. Under the direction of the MFM Division, MacDonald Women’s Hospital serves as a referral center for high-risk obstetrical patients, receiving transports from the region for antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum complications.
The Divisions of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Neonatology and specialty services at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital collaborate closely to provide seamless care for women whose pregnancies are complicated by high risk medical conditions such as diabetes, autoimmune disease or by fetal complications such as preterm labor or birth defects.
Our Maternal Fetal Care Center coordinates clinical care for babies diagnosed before birth with heart defects, neurological abnormalities, diaphragmatic hernia and other correctable anatomic defects. Referral and management of high-risk pregnancies is facilitated by a Patient Navigator. Regular Interdisciplinary Fetal Board conferences are held to optimize collaboration and care for the most complex cases.
The division continues to provide high quality prenatal diagnosis, and genetic counseling at multiple sites throughout greater Cleveland with an option for shared prenatal care or patient care transfer. New programs include Preconception Counseling, a Diabetes Center, Bereavement Services and coordinated multi-specialty. care for Opiate addicted mothers.