IFC Recruitment Dates
Fraternity recruitment is open to all male-identifying students and any undergraduate student can participate. Fraternity recruitment occurs at the start of each fall and spring semester. Each fraternity creates their own calendar of events in which a PNM can attend.
- Monday, August 28th – First Day of Recruitment
- Sunday, September 17th – Last Day of Recruitment
- Monday, September 18th – Bid Day
- Tuesday, September 19th – Day of Silence
- Fraternities cannot reach out to potential new members
- Potential new members can reach out to fraternities to ask questions about the Bid or chapter
- Meant to give potential new members the time and space to make a decision, while not feeling pressured by an organization
- Wednesday, September 20th – Bid Decision Begins
- Friday, September 22th – Bid Decision Deadline
- Most groups will prefer potential new members to accept or decline by this day but a Bid may be good longer depending on the organization
Learn more about our 15 fraternities and the events they are hosting during recruitment by checking out the Interfraternity Congress and Panhellenic Council website.
PHC Recruitment Dates
- Monday, August 28th - First Day of Recruitment
- Sunday, September 10th - First Day Bids Should be Delivered
- Chapters informally agreed to provide PNMS the first two weeks to adjust to classes and attend events, before any group extends a Bid
- January 20-21 and 27-28 - Formal Sorority Recruitment
Typically NPHC organizations host informational sessions for individuals to learn about the organization. Intake often is for non-first year students. Throughout the fall semester there may be informational sessions on campus or at a nearby Cleveland university.