There are no positions are currently available.
Graduate House Director
The Greek Life House Director is a 10-month live-in position that assists the Greek Life staff in completion of activities and tasks involving the administration and operation of the building, serves as a resource and paraprofessional counselor, monitors and documents student conduct, and reports and monitors building operations within an assigned facility. The House Director assists the chapter by working with the chapter's leadership, executive board, and individual members. The time commitment of the position is 10 hours per week, with 8 of those hours being in the office. For additional information or questions, please contact Amie Jackson at email@example.com or 216.368.1363 if you have any questions.
- All applicants must have obtained a bachelor's degree prior to the Fall 2021 academic semester to qualify for the graduate staff positions, or are in the final year of a bachelors/masters degree program.
- House Directors are preferred to be enrolled as a part-time/full-time degree-seeking graduate student.
- House Directors must be available to work 10 hours per week, with at least 5 hours available between 9-5pm Monday through Friday.
- Graduate staff will limit outside employment to graduate assistantships, CWRU student employment, or part-time work that does not exceed a total of 20 hours per week excluding academic recesses.
- Applicants must be available to work the complete term of this position (August 1, 2021 - May 31, 2022). If your graduate program conflicts with the contract dates, please notify in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2021-2022 positions are now open! Any graduate student interested in the House Director position for the 2021-2022 academic year should submit an application online, including a cover letter, current resume/CV, and the names of two recommenders.Submit your application today! Applications are due by Friday, February 5th (this is the priority application date).
Cover Letter & Resume
To apply, candidates are required to upload a cover letter and current resume/CV. Candidates may want to have this prepared before starting the application.
In your cover letter please address the following questions:
- How do you see the Greek Life House Director position fitting into your academic, professional, and personal goals?
- How did your Greek Life or residential experience impact your undergraduate experience? How does this connect with what you hope to bring to this role? If you were not a part of Greek Life or have not lived in a residence hall, what do you hope to bring to this role?
- How would you leverage your collegiate experiences to support undergraduate students?
Candidates are asked to submit the names of two recommenders in the online application. We suggest that your recommendations come from people who are familiar with aspects of community living and can speak to your abilities to be a graduate staff member. Recommendations from family and relatives will not be accepted.
Candidates are responsible for requesting the recommendations and directly sending the Recommendation Form to their recommenders.
- January 11, 2021 - Application opens for 2021-2022 academic year candidates
- February 5, 2021- Priority application deadline. Please note: Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled.
- February 12-26, 2021 - Eligible candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis
- February 16, 2021 - New staff offers extended on rolling basis
- April 15, 2021 - House Director candidate’s deadline to accept or decline an offered position