Maximum Award: $5,000
The center offers a limited number of competitive grants to support faculty research, when it is not otherwise covered by departmental funds or individual research accounts. Examples of supported research activities include, but are not limited to, digital scholarship projects; technical assistance for research projects; materials or equipment acquisition; acquisition of library materials; research assistants; professional development projects (e.g. publication workshops, software training, etc.). If you have questions about the applicability of your project, please contact the center.
Funds are available to full-time faculty in the arts and humanities within the College of Arts and Sciences including lecturers, and instructors.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on the dates indicated.
Spring 2024 Semester - February 1, 2024
Fall 2024 Semester - October 25, 2024
Policies and Expectations:
- Faculty are eligible to apply three years after a previous award.
- Within one month of the completion of the grant period, recipients are required to submit a FINAL REPORT summarizing the project and describing the impact on your research. Some aspects of the final report may be used in future BNC external communication materials.
- Future grant applications will not be considered until the final report is submitted.
- Funds are normally available as reimbursement only, except for the acquisition of materials or similar circumstances. Reimbursement should be processed through the recipient’s home department with the speedtype provided once the final report has been received.
- This grant does not fund conference travel or invited talks and presentations given at other universities.
To apply, please complete the Faculty Research Fund Application Form.