Examples of activities that you should report include:
- Theft or misappropriation of money or property
- Activities that compromise academic integrity
- Theft of trade secrets or intellectual property
- Activities that compromise research integrity
- Any activity that you believe would look unfavorable if reported in the newspaper, on television or online.
Case Western Reserve University is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct. If you know of or suspect activity taking place at the university is not in compliance with laws, regulations or university policy, report it immediately.
How to Report
Several options exist for reporting your concerns, including, but not limited to:
- going to your immediate supervisor,
- contacting the University Compliance Officer at 216.368.5791 or email@example.com, or
- submitting a Case Western Reserve Integrity Hotline report.
Report illegal or unethical behavior by calling CWRU's Integrity Hotline at 1.866.483.9367 or visiting caseintegrityhotline.com.
The hotline provides an anonymous mechanism to communicate concerns of non-compliance. All Integrity Hotline calls are answered by a neutral third party vendor. Employees who, in good faith, report unlawful activity are protected from retaliation by Ohio’s “Whistle Blower” Law and university policy.