CWRU regularly partners with hundreds of companies, from Fortune 100 firms to start-ups, on sponsored research endeavors. Every corporate sponsor of research receives a free, exclusive option to license any resulting intellectual property. For higher amounts of sponsorship, a free non-exclusive license is available in most cases.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for information on publishing, trade secrets, and confidentiality related to your background intellectual property.
Each year, CWRU enters into dozens of new license and option agreements to bring state-of-the-art technology to the marketplace. Such innovations include:
- non-invasive imaging modalities
- shelf-stable insulin
- cutting-edge neuromodulation techniques
- advanced polymeric "green" materials
- optical storage
- clinical diagnostics
Over the last decade, these partnerships have advanced CWRU-enabled products and generated millions of dollars from these sales.
Technology Transfer News
Corporate and industry partners can obtain university proprietary materials to accelerate their research and development efforts. From transgenic mice to complex polymers and project-specific consumables, we can help you get in touch with the right source. Contact Jeff Klein in our Technology Transfer Office for more information.
Below is a list of some of our available technologies for licensure. To learn more about these and additional technologies, please contact our Licensing Concierge Service.
- Gamma Knife Tomosurgery: Automated Treatment Planning and Dynamic Dose Delivery for Radiosurgery
- Stimulation Techniques for the Treatment of Epilepsy
- High-Frequency selective block of sacral extradural roots for bladder voiding
- Image Processing Methods for Improving the Images of Dual-Energy Digital Radiography
- Catheter-Based Optical Coherence Tomography for Image-Guided Cardiac Arrhythmia Therapy