Publications from Independent Career
- Scattering Morphology Resolved Total Internal Reflection Microscopy (SMR-TIRM) of Colloidal Spheres, J Yan*, D Efremenko, AA Vasilyeva, A Doicu, T Wriedt, and CL Wirth, accepted
- DLVO Energy Landscape of a Janus Colloid with a Non-Uniform Cap Thickness, S Rajupet*, A Rashidi*, and CL Wirth, Physical Review E (2021) 103, 032610
- Influence of depletants on the clustering of active Janus colloids. M Kalil, NR Baumgartner, MW Issa, SD Ryan, and CL Wirth, arXiv preprint arXiv:2101.06206
- Developing scattering morphology resolved Total Internal Reflection Microscopy (SMR-TIRM) for orientation detection of colloidal ellipsoids. A Rashidi, S Domínguez-Medina, J Yan, DS Efremenko, AA Vasilyeva, A Doicu, T Wriedt, CL Wirth, Langmuir (2020)
- Single and ensemble response of colloidal ellipsoids to a nearby ac electrode. J Yan, A Rashidi, CL Wirth, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (2020), 606:125384
- Efficient sizing of single layer graphene oxide with optical microscopy under ambient conditions. Q Luo, CL Wirth, EB Pentzer, Carbon (2020) 157, 395-401
- Charged nanoparticles quench the propulsion of active Janus colloids. MW Issa, NR Baumgartner, M Kalil, SD Ryan, and CL Wirth, ACS Omega (2019) 4, (8), 13034-13041
- Influence of cap weight on the motion of a Janus particle very near a wall. A Rashidi, S Razavi, and CL Wirth, arXiv preprint, Physical Review E (2020) 101, 042606
- Purification and assembly of DNA-stabilized boron nitride nanotubes into aligned films. VR Kode, ME Thompson, C McDonald, J Weicherding, T Dobrila, PS Fodor, CL Wirth, G Ao, ACS Applied Nano Materials 2, no. 4 (2019): 2099–2105
- A light scattering model for total internal reflection microscopy of geometrically anisotropic particles. A Doicu, AA Vasilyeva, DS Efremenko, CL Wirth, T Wriedt, Journal of Modern Optics (2019): 1–13
- Local measurement of Janus particle cap thickness. A Rashidi, MW Issa, I Martin, A Avishai, S Razavi, and CL Wirth, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces (2018) 10 (37), 30925 – 30929
- Combined effect of surface oxidation and residual alcohol on the mechanics of a multiwalled carbon nanotube laden interface. WD Ivancic and CL Wirth, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (2018) 551, 42 – 49
- Motion of a Janus particle very near a wall. A Rashidi and CL Wirth, Journal of Chemical Physics (2017) 147, 224906
- Response of a doublet to a nearby dc electrode of uniform potential. CL Wirth and Sri Harsha Nuthalapati, Physical Review E (2016) 94, 042614
- Langmuir monolayer characterization via polymer microtensiometers. P Gijsenbergh, M Pepicelli, CL Wirth, J Vermant and R Puers, Sensors & Actuators: A. Physical (2015) 229, 110 – 117
- Fabrication of planar colloidal clusters with template-assisted interfacial assembly. CL Wirth, MFL De Volder, and J Vermant, Langmuir (2015) 31, (5), 1632 – 1640.
- A polymer microdevice for tensiometry of insoluble components. P Gijsenbergh, M Pepicelli, CL Wirth, J Vermant and R Puers, Procedia Engineering (2014) 87, 80 – 83
- Weak electrolyte dependence in the repulsion of colloids at a water-oil interface. CL Wirth, EM Furst and J Vermant, Langmuir (2014) 30, (10), 2670 – 2675.
- Electrolyte dependence of particle motion near an electrode during ac polarization. CL Wirth, PJ Sides and DC Prieve, Physical Review E (2013) 87, 032302
- Mechanisms for directed assembly of colloidal particles in two dimensions by application of electric fields in Electrophoretic Deposition of Nanomaterials. PJ Sides, CL Wirth and DC Prieve, 3-72. Eds. JH Dickerson and AR Boccaccini. Springer, 2012.
- Single and pairwise motion of particles near an ideally polarizable electrode. CL Wirth, RM Rock, PJ Sides and DC Prieve, Langmuir (2011) 27, (1), 9781-9791.
- The imaging ammeter, Editor’s choice & cover. CL Wirth, PJ Sides, DC Prieve, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2011) 357, (1), 1-12.
- An imaging ammeter for electrochemical measurements. PJ Sides, CL Wirth, DC Prieve, Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters (2010) 13, (8), F10-F12.
- 2D assembly of colloidal particles on a planar electrode. DC Prieve, PJ Sides, CL Wirth, Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science (2010) 15, (3), 160-174.