- Rong Xu names as CWRU COVID-19 Champions.
- Our study of dementia and COVID-19 was featured on Nature News, New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, NBC News, Fox News, ABC News, Smithsonian, MedPage Today, XTalks, Becker's Hospital Review, HealthDay, Healio, Daily Mail, ScienceDaily, The Daily, Ideastream, ABC News5Cleveland, NIA Featured News
- STAT: New cancer patients — especially Black people — are more susceptible to severe Covid-19 infections
- Medscape: Patients With Lung and Blood Cancers Most Vulnerable to COVID-19
- Rong Xu was elected as Fellow of American College of Medical Informatics (FACMI).
- Rong Xu, Director of the AI Center for Drug Discovery, has been awarded a $1.4 million grant from NIDA (“CTN-0114 - AI to identify medications for cocaine use disorder”, PI: Xu, co-PI: Winhunsen) to develop AI technologies to identify potential medications for cocaine use disorder.
- ABC News. Public health crises collide: Substance abuse linked to COVID
- The Enquirer. Cincinati.com (September 21, 2020). Addicted hit harder by COVID-19, nationwide study shows; doctors urged to make 'action plans'
- Xinhuanet ( September 15, 2020). U.S. researchers find substance use disorders linked to COVID-19 susceptibility
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (September 14, 2020): Substance use disorders linked to COVID-19 susceptibility. NIH research finds higher risk and worse outcomes for those with addiction.
- CWRU Daily (May 26, 2020), "Electronic health records used in study of drug-effectiveness to reduce risk of Alzheimer’s disease"
- Scientific American (January 20, 2020): Rong Xu spoke about using computer-generated models to investigate new drug applications that can identify potential treatment avenues
- MedPage Today (October 4, 2019) "Can Anti-TNF Drugs Reduce Alzheimer's Risk?— Analysis of 56 million patients hints at possible connections"
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on Crain’s Cleveland Business $5 million in federal funding for Case Western Reserve Alzheimer’s research
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on CWRU The Daily Big data and advanced artificial intelligence techniques used to tackle Alzheimer’s disease
- 2018 Rong Xu on EurekAlert! Big Data and Advanced Artificial Intelligence Techniques Used to Tackle Alzheimer’s Disease: CWRU’s Rong Xu, Ph.D., receives $5 million in funding from NIH’s National Institute on Aging
- 2018 Rong Xu on CWRU SOM CWRUMED360 Big Data and Advanced Artificial Intelligence Techniques Used to Tackle Alzheimer’s Disease
- 2018 Rong Xu on New Medical Advanced AI and big data methods to tackle dementia
- 2018 Rong Xu, featured on the Medicus (the biannual magazine of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine) “Identifying Drugs with AI”
- 2018 Rong Xu, Invited speaker at the 2018 NIH Alzheimer’s Research Summit – Path to Treatment and Prevention.
- 2018 Rong Xu, Invited speaker at the Open Data Science Conference (ODSC) – Accelerate Artificial Intelligence (AI) in health care “Healthcare Panel: Accelerating Discovery and Innovation for Precision Brain Health?” May 1-4, 2018, Boston Convention Center.
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on Crain’s Cleveland Business: Team at CWRU receives $2.8 million for Alzheimer’s research
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on Alzheimer’s News Today: DrugPredict Wins $2.8M NIH Grant to Repurpose Approved Therapies to Treat Alzheimer’s
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on HealthCare Informatics: CWRU Receives $2.8M Grant for Informatics-Driven Alzheimer’s Research
- 2018 Rong Xu on EurekAlert: Researchers receive $2.8 million to repurpose FDA-approved drugs to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- 2018 Rong Xu on NewsWise: Researchers Receive $2.8 Million to Repurpose FDA-approved Drugs to Treat Alzheimer’s Disease
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on Pharmfile: New project examining FDA-approved drugs for Alzheimer’s, worries over research remains
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on News-Medical: Researchers awarded grant to repurpose FDA-approved drugs for treating Alzheimer’s patients
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on CWRU The Daily: Researchers repurpose pain meds to kill cancer cells
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on CWRU School of Medicine News: Researchers Receive $2.8 Million to Repurpose FDA-approved Drugs to Treat Alzheimer’s Disease, NIH award to propel biomedical informatic, clinical, and animal studies
- 2018 Rong Xu featured on Being Patient: “Does an Alzheimer’s Drug Already Exist? Researchers to Begin a 5-Year Search”
- 2018 Rong Xu on EurekAlert Researchers receive $6.5 million NIH grant to use big data to tackle psoriasis
- 2017 DrugPredict on ScienceDaily (audience of 3,187,787) Computer program finds new uses for old drugs: Researchers repurpose pain meds to kill cancer cells
- 2017 Rong Xu featured on Dean’s Message, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University.
- 2017 Rong Xu on Case Comprehensive Cancer Center News Letter.
- 2017 DrugPredict on Fox News (Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg/Sarasota station) “Drug Predict” Computer Program finds new uses for old drugs
- 2017 DrugPredict on Drug Discovery and Development. Computer Program Finds New Uses for Old Drugs
- 2017 DrugPredict on HealthData Management: Algorithm quickly identifies new indications for old drugs
- 2017: DrugPredict on ScienceNewsLine: Computer Program Finds New Uses for Old Drugs
- 2017: DrugPredict on HealthCare Analytics News: Computer Program Finds New Applications for Old Medications
- 2017: DrugPredict on EurekaAlert: Researchers repurpose pain meds to kill cancer cells
- 2017: DrugPredict on CWRUMed360: Computer Program Finds New Uses for Old Drugs
- 2017: Rong Xu on Siebel Scholar Spotlight: Rong Xu Searches for Medical Breakthroughs in Big Data
- 2016: Rong Xu on American Association for Cancer Research (AACR): Innovators in Cancer Discovery: Tapping Technology to Improve Cancer Prevention
- 2016:Rong Xu on Cancer Research Catalyst: the Official Blog of American Association for Cancer Research Using Bioinformatics to Define New Paths to Cancer Prevention
- 2016:Rong Xu on Crain’s Cleveland Business Who to Watch in Health Care
- 2015: The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Awards Rong Xu, PhD, New Investigator Award AMIA Awards Rong Xu, PhD, New Investigator Award
- 2015: Rong Xu received the 2015 Landon Foundation – AACR INNOVATOR Award for Cancer Prevention Research. Rong Xu, PhD Receives AACR Innovator Award for Cancer Prevention Research
- 2015: Rong Xu on CWRU Think Magazine: Uncovering a Drug’s Welcome Side Effects
- 2015: Rong Xu received the 2015 Mary Kay Foundation Cancer Grant The Mary Kay Foundation 2015 Cancer Grant Recipients
- 2014: Rong Xu on CWRU daily: CWRU scientist captures prestigious NIH Director’s New Innovator Award
- 2014: Rong Xu on Cleveland Plain Dealer: CWRU researcher to scour data for new drug matches to treat disease, gets $2.4 million NIH award
- 2014: Rong Xu on Cleveland Plain Dealer: A conversation with CWRU researcher who uses computer programs, big data to search for drug discoveries
- 2014: Rong Xu on CWRU Observer: Assistant professor wins award from National Institute of Health
- 2014: Rong Xu on Ideastream: A CASE Researcher Wins $2.4M Grant, Ideastream – December 2, 2014
- 2014: Rong Xu on EurekAlert! by AAAS, the science society: Case Western Reserve scientist captures prestigious NIH director’s New Innovator Award