Primary Faculty in Clinical and Epidemiology Research
Interests: relation of renal pathology with clinical features in acute and chronic kidney diseases; site pathologist, Clinical Trials in Organ Transplantation
Lalitha Nayak, MD
Interests: hemophilia, hypercoagulation & thrombotic microangiopathies management; endothelial & neutrophil function in thrombosis; inflammasomes
Interests: multi-center trials: African American Study of Kidney Disease & Hypertension, Antihypertensive & Lipid Lowering Treatment in Hypertension, Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort Study & Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention.
Secondary Training Faculty Participating in Collaborative Projects in Clinical and Epidemiology Research
- Jeffery Schelling, M.D. Kidney clinical trials in hypertension and chronic kidney disease including CRIC
- Ashwini Sehgal, M.D. Kidney outcomes in kidney transplantation, chronic kidney disease and dialysis.
- Katherine Dell, M.D. Kidney treatments and outcomes of chronic kidney disease in pediatric populations
- John F. O’Toole, M.D. Kidney Clinical trials for hypertension and glomerular disease.
- John R. Sedor, M.D. Kidney Chair for the Kidney X innovation accelerator; clinical trials for hypertension and glomerular disease
- Jesse Schold, Ph.D. Kidney health policy related to evaluation and wait listing for kidney transplantation; costs and outcomes related to kidney transplantation
- John Daryl Thornton, M.D./MPH Kidney Clinical Research examining the association of sleep disorders with chronic kidney disease progression in the CRIC cohort.