Academic medical centers train doctors, discover new treatments, and care for the most challenging patients—all while facing multiple systemic challenges. With funding sources constantly changing and research costs continuing to rise, the giving and the support of donors is more important than ever.
At the Case Center for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, your gift can help transform the Case Western Reserve University community and beyond.
Your contribution provides students with scholarships, offers resources to our students and faculty, promotes research and enables opportunities across the academic spectrum.
Contributions also help to provide ample training opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students as well as post-doctoral and clinical fellows—including advances in diabetic research through our post-doctoral fellowship in translational diabetes and metabolism research.
At A Glance: Diabetes in Ohio
- 13.3% of the Cuyahoga County population have been diagnosed with diabetes
- 46.9% of the Cuyahoga County population are prediabetic
- $12.4 billion annually: Ohio cost of diabetes
- 7th leading cause of death in Ohio
- 1 in 3 adults suffer from prediabetes in Ohio
Make a Gift
The School of Medicine is grateful for the generous philanthropic support of our alumni and friends.