The best way to make any important changes in life is to take a moment to assess what is going well and what needs some adjustment.
This inventory will help you take stock of your life as a CWRU student and is designed to assess the following skills:
- Academic and Career Integration
- Classroom Performance and Academic Engagement
- Completing Written Assignments
- Learning Preferences
- Note-Taking and Reading
- Preparing for Exams
- Time Management/Goal Setting
When you are finished, your navigator can help you analyze the results of your inventory. Schedule an appointment to review your results using My Journey.
Learning Styles Assessment
The Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) is a useful self-assessment tool, similar to the Academic and Learning Style Inventory, to be better understand a student's learning practices, attitudes toward college, learning styles and differences. CWRU single-sign on is required to take the assessment.
Remote Learning Chats are a space for students to connect, learn and support each other. Held every Tuesday from 4 to 5 p.m. ET, students will share stories and experiences, connect with others, build positive habits and learn strategies for success.
The full calendar of Remote Learning Chats are posted in CampusGroups. Registration is optional and drop-ins are welcome!
Looking for expert advice on remote learning? Watch one of the Remote Learning Chat recordings:
- "Student Perspective on Remote Learning" with student Muayad Shahin
- "Starting the Semester Strong" with biology faculty member Rebecca Benard
- "Staying Engaged and Finding Meaningful Experiences while Remote" with student Suman Guntupalli
- "Academic Resources: Tips and Strategies for Remote Learning Success" with James Eller, associate director of Academic Resources
- "Establishing a Schedule for Engagement" with James Eller, associate director of Academic Resources
- "The Impact of Nutrition on Remote Learning Success" with Nutrition faculty member James Swain
- "Spring Semester, Take Two" with Jennifer DeSantis, associate director of Student Advancement; Ellyn Lykins, admissions and recruitment specialist at the Mandel School; and LaTasha Timmons, assistant director of Student Advancement
Printable Student Resources
Looking for more? Review our collection of one-page PDF resources designed to help students improve their study habits and academic performance. Download and save or print them for easy reference. These materials are also available in the hallway outside of the Student Advancement office on the third floor of the Sears Building.