The Future of Baseball Fan Experience
Sponsored by the Cleveland Guardians
Congratulations to the winners of the xLab Innovation Challenge 2023! Read about the winners.
Review the details of the event, which took place over Sept. 26-29, 2023:
Over $5,000 in prize value to be awarded!
- What is the future of “fanship” for baseball?
- How can baseball teams grow their fan base of “digital natives”?
- How can digital, mobile, and service model innovations enhance the stadium experience?
- In between games and seasons, how can the Guardians build a closer relationship between fans and players?
- How can innovative data collection and analytical techniques support the fan experience?
xLab invites student teams from any part of Case Western Reserve University to submit an innovation idea to the inaugural xLab Pitch Competition!
Want to get updates about the competition? Looking for a team to join?
- The winning team will receive a cash prize of $3,000 and Cleveland Guardians VIP tickets with on-field batting practice for a 2024 game.
- Two runner-up teams will receive $1,000 each.
- This is an idea pitch competition only: The idea does not have to be implemented though the submission must provide sufficient detail articulating the problem being addressed, its significance, and the team’s solution and clearly illustrate how it contributes to the theme of the challenge.
- Teams must consist of between two to three current CWRU students (undergraduate or graduate).
- Submission instructions and pitch guidelines will be shared at the kick-off meeting on Sept. 26 and posted on this competition web site thereafter.
- All students must complete the student agreement and send it to Celeste at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must be received by 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29.
- At least one representative from each team must attend and pitch their idea in-person in the morning of Friday, Sept. 29.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of Cleveland Guardians and other xLab partner company representatives.
- Winners will be announced immediately at the end of the pitch event.
- The winning project ideas will be shortlisted for further development during the spring semester as an xLab project and students from winning teams will receive preference for xLab course admission during the spring 2024 semester.