The Baker-Nord Center is able to co-sponsor a limited number of campus events with a humanistic perspective that enrich the intellectual life of Case Western Reserve University. Co-sponsorship grants support events that cross disciplinary boundaries and engage with other parts of the university or the Cleveland community. Grants may not be used to support ongoing programs such as departmental colloquia, except in cases that offer exceptional opportunity. Examples of supported events include, but are not limited to, visiting speakers, academic events for students, or community outreach.
In most cases, support will be limited to $1,000, will not exceed 50% of the event’s cost, and does not include technical, logistical, or marketing assistance.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but in order to be included in the Baker-Nord calendar, co-sponsorship applications must be submitted before December 1 for events taking place in the spring semester, and May 1 for events taking place during the fall.
Successful applicants are responsible for submitting to the Baker-Nord Center an appropriate description of the event for publication in the calendar.
All applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the event – no exceptions will be allowed.
To apply, please download and fill out the application cover sheet and include it in the application as described below.
In addition to this cover sheet, complete applications must include:
- A brief description of the event (maximum 1,000 words) that addresses the following points as relevant to the project:
- How the event enriches the intellectual life of the campus.
- Target audience and plans for publicity.
- Date of the event.
- Budget detailing all anticipated expenses, other sources of funding and the amount requested from the Baker-Nord Center.
- Brief curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) of the applicant(s). In addition, please include information about any visiting speakers or other participants in the event.
- A letter of support from the applicant’s Department Chair or, if the applicant is herself a Chair, from the Dean clearly indicating what departmental or other resources are available for this project.
Application materials should be emailed as a single PDF to: email@example.com.