Doctor Honoris Causa, Université de Haute-Alsace. Before joining the faculty at Case, he was Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland and Associate Director of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford. He is Founding Director of the Cognitive Science Network; Co-Director of the Red Hen Lab™; winner of the Anneliese Maier Research Prize from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation; winner of the Prix du Rayonnement de la langue et de la littérature françaises from the French Academy; Founding President of the Myrifield Institute for Cognition and the Arts; Fellow of the Institute for Advanced Study, the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, the National Humanities Center, the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, the Institute of Advanced Study at Durham University, the Centre for Advanced Study at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, the New England Institute for Cognitive Science and Evolutionary Psychology, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Institute for the Science of Origins; Extraordinary Member of the Humanwissenschaftliches Zentrum der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität; External Research Professor of the Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study; Visting Scholar, Department of Linguistics, Stanford; Visiting Scholar, Departments of Cognitive Science and Linguistics, UCSD; Distinguished Visiting Professor at Hunan Normal University.
Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Cognition and Computation, Decision-Making, Data Science, Multimodal Communication
"Ten Lectures on Mind and Language" by Mark Turner
马克 · 特纳
Copyright © Mark Turner 2009
Mark Turner delivered these lectures in May 2009, when he was the forum speaker for the Seventh China International Forum on Cognitive Linguistics. They were originally published as a book in the Eminent Linguists Lecture Series, 世界著名语言学家系列讲座。
- Download the pdf file of the "Ten Lectures on Mind and Language" by Mark Turner.
- Download the pdf file of the slideshows accompanying the 10 lectures.
- Download the pdf file of the handout for the 10 lectures.
- Download audio or audiovisual recordings of Mark Turner's Ten Lectures from Hunan Normal University's Center for Cognitive Science, China.
- Lecture One: Human Meaning - 人类的意义
- Lecture Two: Conceptual Integration - 概念整合
- Lecture Three: Double-Scope Cognition - 双域认知
- Lecture Four: Mental Packing and Unpacking - 心理打包和解包
- Lecture Five: Big Ideas - 纵思千古
- Lecture Six: Working in the Mental Network - 运用心理网络
- Lecture Seven: Frame Blends - 框架整合
- Lecture Eight: Blended Stories - 故事整合
- Lecture Nine: The Nature of Language - 语言的本质
- Lecture Ten: Grammar - 语法