“Providing resources and opportunities to assist the CWRU faculty to achieve their academic and professional goals is more than a priority of the new strategic plan, it’s a university commitment to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and transformative academic environment..” – William A. “Bud” Baeslack, III, Provost and Executive Vice President
The Faculty Development Council was organized in 2011 in support of the university's vision to develop a strong and vibrant university faculty by:
- Recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty.
- Recognizing and rewarding excellence.
- Offering high-quality mentoring.
- Developing career opportunities.
- Developing an anti-racist, diverse and inclusive campus culture
The Council provides a framework for faculty development initiatives across the university. It supports campus-wide priorities for strengthened faculty recruitment, advancement, retention, and performance.