Case Western Reserve University’s Center for International Affairs is the first space on campus designed to provide a home for international students and activities, and a central location where the university engages the business, government, foundation and civic communities around global issues.
The Center for International Affairs provides leadership, expertise, and support to the Case Western Reserve University community, inspiring, cultivating, and promoting a dynamic international presence and a culture of global understanding, responsibility, and citizenship.
- Provide university-level vision and leadership for internationalization.
- Continue, strengthen, and create a limited number of university-led international research and/or education collaborations in different regions of the world.
- Facilitate and engage individual and institutional global connections among faculty, staff, students, and alumni to enable the exchange of people and ideas.
- Help all students enhance their university experiences by offering a variety of accessible international and domestic experiential opportunities to develop global citizenship.
- Provide services and support for international students, scholars, faculty, and staff on immigration, academics, and engagement.
- Work with faculty to support internationalization efforts, including internationalizing the curriculum by providing expertise and support.
- Build partnerships and collaborations with institutions across Northeast Ohio, the U.S. and the world to advance the economic vitality of our region.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and resources on international travel risk.
- Champion and support the university’s international reach and reputation efforts.
- Secure external funding for the Center as well as for broader internationalization initiatives.
The Center is comprised of four offices that offer support and expertise for the campus community and external partners.
Office of Global Strategy
The Office of Global Strategy works to further the international objectives and vision of the university by developing strategies and direction for Case Western Reserve’s global engagement initiatives, facilitating and building relationships with global partners and documenting and communicating international activity externally and across campus.
Office of Faculty International Engagement
The Office of Faculty International Engagement connects faculty with potential global partners to encourage and support international collaborations, assists faculty in their pursuit of Fulbright and other global fellowships, directs the international agreement process, recruits international faculty to CWRU to engage in teaching and research, and working on the establishment of a Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) Program for the institution.
Office of International Student Services
The Office of International Student Services provides support and resources for Case Western Reserve's international students on immigration matters, intercultural exchange opportunities, understanding the social and academic culture on campus and in the U.S.
Office of Education Abroad
The Office of Education Abroad guides Case Western Reserve students through finding the best opportunity for them to study abroad and provides the resources and support they need to make the most of their experience.