Study Abroad Ambassadors work with the Office of Education Abroad (OEA) to promote study abroad at CWRU through their own personal experience and passion.
The ambassadors will develop as leaders through outreach and recruitment for education abroad and personal and professional skill enhancement.
We believe that by sharing information and experiences about education abroad, ambassadors will help promote study abroad opportunities while also fostering their own global citizenship and leadership skills in the process.
- Represent study abroad at campus-wide events such as the Study Abroad Fair (September), Homecoming Panels (October), International Education Week events (November), Admissions Panels (March/April), et.al.
- Market study abroad to students by giving/speaking at classroom presentations and college/school information sessions (throughout the year), and pre-departure orientation panels (November/April)
- Conduct walk-in-advising for the OEA
- Promote study abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media (takeovers, content sharing, etc), on-campus outreach efforts, and other marketing initiatives
- Submit a Study Abroad Ambassador profile to be shared on the OEA website
- Participate in other projects or fun events, depending on interest and expertise
- Have studied abroad on a CWRU short or long-term program
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude regarding international experiences and CWRU
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be reliable and accountable for Study Abroad Ambassador responsibilities and timely correspondence with staff members
- Be passionate about study abroad!
- Participate in at least three outreach events per semester for two semesters
- Attend a mandatory development training each semester
- Attend/lead monthly strategic and organizational meetings throughout the semester (if schedules conflict, ambassadors will work with the program coordinator directly.)
- Career development to professionalize your international experience via workshops on resume enhancement, interview guidelines, and networking tips for writing and speaking about your study abroad
- Cultivate your leadership style and skills
- Recommendation letter from the program coordinator
- Ambassador appreciation brunch
- Study Abroad Ambassador tee-shirt
- Access to Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) testing
- CampusGroups Badge