How to Apply
Completing an application to medical school is a lengthy and multi-step process. Here's how the admissions process works at our School:
- You have to initiate and complete the electronic primary application through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). AMCAS verifies your transcript information on your application before it is sent to medical schools. It is important to note that it can take AMCAS 4 to 6 weeks to verify your application. We strongly recommend that you plan ahead and apply early! The deadline to submit this application is November 1.
- Once our School receives your verified AMCAS primary application, you will be sent an e-mail message directing you to our secondary application, iApply. The e-mail invitation will contain a unique password that will allow you access the secondary application. If you try to access our secondary application before receiving the invitation email, it means that your application has not been verified by AMCAS. We do not pre-screen primary AMCAS applications. Therefore, all applicants are invited to complete the secondary application. In order to ensure that you receive emails from our School, please add email@example.com to your address book or contact list.
- On our secondary application you will be able select which of our MD track(s) you wish you apply to. You are able to apply to 1, 2, or all 3 tracks for one application fee. It is not advisable to apply to all 3 unless you truly interested in and qualified for of the tracks.
- If you apply to more than one track you will receive separate admissions decisions. For example, if you apply to the University Track and the College Track you will receive separate admissions decisions. It is possible to get interview invitations at one track, both, or none. If invited to interview at both, then it is possible to be accepted to one track, both, or none.
- After you have submitted your secondary application and all your letters of recommendation have been received by AMCAS, the Admissions Committee will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview.
- The Admissions Committee's decision will be emailed to you. The email will direct you to check your iApply account for a status change on your "status page." Your iApply account will have a message indicating if you are being granted an interview or not. If you are invited for an interview you will receive further instructions for scheduling your interview.
- After your interview (if granted), the Committee will decide whether to extend to you an offer of admission.
If you are interested in the Medical Scientist Training Program or the College Program, you should gain experience in research before applying. Research experience is not required for the University Program.
You must have fulfilled these prerequisites at an accredited, four year, degree-granting American or Canadian college or university.
Please be sure to review our application procedures carefully. Take special note of the admissions timeline, which could jeopardize your application if not followed. We have a rolling admissions process and slots in the program may become filled with earlier applicants. Any changes in your status should be reported to our office as well as to AMCAS.