The mission of the Neuroscience Graduate Student Organization (NGSO) is to promote and educate graduate students about the field of neuroscience. We strive to provide graduate students of all backgrounds with educational, mentorship, and networking opportunities that serve to bolster their professional aspirations. Additionally, we will provide resources that establish and promote a cohesive, inclusive, and productive community for members.
The NGSO works to empower graduate students while fostering professional growth in several ways:
- We have a personalized mentor/mentee environment that encourages the discussion of the latest developments, methodologies and theories in neuroscience research.
- We organize seminars and workshops that facilitate the exchange of knowledge and fosters growth among our members.
- We participate in conferences that connect us with the broader neuroscience community.
- Networking opportunities help students connect with peers, enabling collaboration and the exchange of ideas.
- We foster a unique environment that encourages both strong and diverse collaboration.
- We strive to create a supportive and inclusive community by actively promoting individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Our members work together to promote neuroscience education in the broader community and inspire interest in the field.
The NGSO is open to all CWRU graduate students interested in Neuroscience. If you are interested in joining the NGSO please contact the president or vice president for an application. Graduate students within the Neurosciences department are automatically enrolled.
2023-2024 Elected Officers
President: Jess Kinney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Emiko Miller, email@example.com
Financial Chair: Anika Wu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Chair: Lauren Reilly-Jankowiak, email@example.com