Sheryl Kingsberg, PhD, Professor
- Jaina Amin, M.D. Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
- Jeffrey Janata, Ph.D. Professor, Psychiatry
- Erica Kelley, M.D. Assistant Professor, Behavioral Medicine
- Sarah Nagle-Young. Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
The Division of Behavioral Medicine is a critical component of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Very few hospitals worldwide include such a division within a medical department. Behavioral Medicine is a an interdisciplinary field that combines biomedical and behavioral science and applies them to diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of medical and psychiatric illness.
Our Behavioral Medicine faculty provides both outpatient and inpatient (consultation and liaison) care and are active in teaching and research on patient behavior, interviewing skills, health promotion and counseling, management of chronic illness, and treatment non-compliance. In addition, the division leads and participates in various clinical trials for sexual dysfunction. The division specializes in women’s reproductive health issues including:
- Sexual Disorders
- Pregnancy Loss
- Pregnancy and Postpartum-related Mood Disorders
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecologic Pain Disorders
Our Faculty are internationally recognized experts in their areas of specialization-female sexual function and chronic pain management.