The Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology is fully approved by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and provides an extremely diverse as well as comprehensive experience for our fellows. The fellowship consists of one year of laboratory-based research experience followed by two rigorous clinical years that provide in-depth clinical and surgical training.
The clinical rotations are on the Gynecologic Oncology services at University Hospitals as well as rotations in intensive care, urology, colorectal surgery, radiation therapy, palliative medicine. In addition, the fellows complete university courses in statistics and cancer biology.
Fellows participate in outpatient clinics Monday through Friday with direct supervision of Gynecological Oncology attending physicians. Fellows are expected to review pertinent literature prior to patient evaluation and are expected to independently develop a proposed impression and plan of care and discuss this with the attending physician.
The program accepts one fellow per year for a three-year fellowship program. The goal of the fellowship program is to produce clinicians who:
- Have a breadth and depth of surgical and clinical expertise to make them outstanding clinicians;
- Possess the knowledge base, analytical skill, creative thinking and investigative experience in translational or clinically-based investigation that will poise them to become productive junior faculty investigators after their fellowship;and
- Fully understand that humanism, compassion, and respect are core elements of outstanding clinical care and are also values essential to any collaborative work.
Gynecologic Oncology Fellows
- Amy Jo Armstrong, MD
- MD: University of Cincinnati
- Residency: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Randi Connor, MD
- MD: East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine
- Residency: University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- Libby Hopp, MD
- MD: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Director: Kristine M. Zanotti, MD