What to Expect
National and global changes across industries in the past decade have redefined the legal profession, opening up new areas of practice and a vast spectrum of opportunities for the well-trained legal mind—including careers in nonprofit management. Our innovative JD curriculum responds to this ever-evolving legal world, and we’ll prepare you to do the same. And, by pairing your JD with an MNO from a top-ranked social work school at one of the nation’s leading research universities, you’ll build relationships in the nonprofit sector and learn how to be an effective leader.
In just four years, you can complete our dual-degree program and come away prepared for a range of career opportunities, working:
- As a lawyer in a nonprofit organization setting,
- As a program officer in a foundation,
- As a leader or manager of a nonprofit organization,
- In the area of nonprofit public policy and advocacy or
- In the field of planned giving.