Once your test accommodation requests have been reviewed and approved by Disability Resources (DR), log in to AIM to schedule your exams and quizzes for the semester.
To access this feature, click on the "Alternative Testing" link on the left sidebar of your AIM home screen to take you to the testing screen, where you can schedule exams and quizzes as well as view any previously scheduled reservations..
While the directions to schedule your exams and quizzes on AIM are user-friendly, the Office of Accommodated Services and Testing (OATS) staff is happy to assist you the first time that you try out the process. Just stop by the OATS office in Sears 440 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for assistance.
Using the drop-down box, select the course for which you are scheduling your exam or quiz.. Then click the 'Schedule an Exam' button (directly below the drop-down box) to move to the testing detail screen.
On the testing detail screen, enter the specifics of the exam or quiz you are scheduling.
- If the drop down is showing the Faculty Authorization Form is not complete, you can still schedule an exam, as long as it the request is being made 5 business days in advance.
- If the exam date is not within that time frame, immediately send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask an OATS staff member to assist with this request.
- If your exam request is within the 3 business days, the LATE request screen will pop-up. Answer the few questions about your late request and then select submit. The OATS staff member will then have to approve your request.
Follow these steps to register your exam and quiz test accommodations:
- Use the drop-down box to select "Request Type" to indicate if you are taking an exam or quiz.
- Enter the date and time of the exam, which is the time you are coming to the Office of Accommodated Testing and Services (OATS), in 440 Sears Building, to take your exam or quiz.
- Select the specific accommodations you'll be using for this exam or quiz.
- Click the check box next to each accommodation that you are requesting. For example, if you are requesting a reduced distraction environment for your exam, click the check box next to "Reduced Distraction" under the "Services Requested" section.
- Use the "Additional Note" section to inform OATS staff of any other pertinent information about your exam such as if you have arranged with your professor to take your exam at a time that is different from class time.
- Click "Add Exam Request" to submit. Your submission is then referred to OATS staff to review the request and approve it.