The annual Choices Fair is an opportunity for you to learn about the nearly 100 majors and minors at Case Western Reserve University. Faculty representatives from every academic department will be on hand to answer questions at this engaging event.
You will also have a chance to discover some of the experiential education and extracurricular opportunities the university offers as members from student academic groups, multicultural clubs and community service organizations will be in attendance. Staff representing opportunities for study abroad, undergraduate research, career services and more will also be present.
The fall 2021 Choices Fair will be held virtually via CampusGroups and kicks off with "Live Virtual Hours" Friday, Oct. 8, from 12:45 to 2 p.m. During this time faculty, staff and student representatives will be on hand to introduce you to academic and experiential learning opportunities.
First-year students may be expected to attend the Choices Fair as a part of their SAGES First Seminar "Fourth Hour." The Choices Fair is also a great opportunity for second-year students that are still exploring possible majors and minors.
Can't make it to the live virtual hours? The Choices Fair will remain available in CampusGroups through Friday, Oct. 15.
Here are the steps to attend the virtual Choices Fair in CampusGroups:
- Sign in to CampusGroups at community.case.edu
- From the left-hand menu, select "Virtual Fairs" and then "Choices Fair"
- Select a "Zone" from the map to find departments, organizations and resources
- Or, search by keyword in the "List of Programs" using the search bar or another filter
- Click anywhere on a booth to view more details
- Learn about the program and scroll for links to more resources, handouts and video conferencing details
- During the live portion of the event, representatives may be available by text or video chat. The details will be in their booth.
- Don't forget to click the "I'm interested" button
- If you have questions during the fair, visit the "Information Booth" to open a chat box with fair staff
- Oct. 11 | 4 p.m. | Origins Sciences and Evolutionary Biology — Free ice cream and Semester Abroad Discussion with Kenyan Paleoanthropologist, Dr. Nengo (Meet at Mitchell's Ice Cream in Uptown)
- Oct. 11 | 4 p.m. | All About Research Abroad
- Oct. 14 | 3 p.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Oct. 15 | 12:45 to 2 p.m. | Biomedical Engineering Tracks Meeting (Nord 356)
- Oct. 17 | 1 p.m. | Zoom Info Session on the Origins Sciences and Evolutionary Biology Programs
- Oct. 20 | 1 p.m. | Origins Sciences and Evolutionary Biology — Lunch at Falafel Cafe and Ice Cream at Mitchell's (meet at Falafel Cafe, 1-2 p.m. or Mitchell's, 2-3 p.m.)
- Oct. 21 | 11 a.m. | Study Abroad — Find us at Tink (first floor)
- Oct. 22 | 8:30 a.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Oct. 22 | 12:30 p.m. | Weatherhead School of Management Fall 2021 Open House (Peter B. Lewis 208)
- Oct. 26 | 3:30 p.m. | Rhodes, Truman, Fulbright, Oh My! Pursuing Prestigious Awards Information Session
- Oct. 26 | 3 p.m. | Study Abroad for Undecided Majors
- Oct. 27 | 4 p.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Nov. 1 | 8:30 a.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Nov. 9 | 7 p.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Nov. 11 | 10 a.m. | Study Abroad Programs for Business Majors
- Nov. 16 | 3 p.m. | All About Faculty-Led (AKA "Short Term") Study Abroad Programs
- Nov. 18 | 6 p.m. | Fulbright US Student Program Information Session
- Nov. 18 | 11 a.m. | Study Abroad — Find us at Tink (first floor)
- Nov. 19 | 8:30 a.m. | All About Finding Research and Creative Endeavors
- Dec. 16 | 11 a.m. | Study Abroad — Find us at Tink (first floor)
Details for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff are invited to host a booth at the Choices Fair. If you have not registered, need to have a virtual booth created, or need to have updates made to your booth, please complete the registration form as soon as possible.
Resources for Virtual Booth Hosts
There are resources available to assist faculty and staff with configuring their virtual booth for the Choices Fair:
- Choices Fair Booth Resource Guide
- Creating and Customizing your Virtual Fair Booth (VIDEO)
- General Information about CampusGroups at CWRU
Recommendations for SAGES Faculty
With the shift to a virtual fair, we wanted to provide SAGES faculty members with some tips and techniques that could encourage student engagement with the fair and maximize their experience.
- Remind students to register in CampusGroups and share the Choices Fair webpage for additional information on participation.
- Have students develop a list of program resources or booths they’d like to visit during the fair.
- Encourage students to share their experiences at the fair. This could be through check-in conversations at the beginning of class, discussion board posts, or brief reflections.
- Consider having students attend as a “group.” Students could gather as a class and engage in the fair, using headphones to allow for Zoom conversations without disrupting one another.
Faculty and staff can direct questions about the Choices Fair to email@example.com.