5th Annual Administrative Professionals (Virtual) Conference: Know, Grow & Show Your Value
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Invited Speaker: Chrissy Scivicque, Career Coach, Professional Admin Speaker & Trainer and Founder and CEO of CCS Ventures, LLC
As an employee, you are an investment. The more value you contribute, the better the investment you become. That means your company is more likely to continue investing in you in the future, and potentially invest in even bigger ways. So, how do you make sure you’re providing value? Better yet, how do you expand and enhance the value you deliver? Then, how do you confidently articulate that value so others recognize it too?
Chrissy demonstrated ways to turn everyday activities into value-add missions to gain more appreciation for the critically important role we play in our organization’s success.
- The 7 key ways to create value for your organization
- How to identify the many ways in which you already contribute value each day
- How to attach real numbers and other measurements to explain the impact of your work
- How to enhance the value of everyday tasks (with real world examples from your fellow admins)
- The single most important strategy to implement on a daily basis to help you continuously identify new ways of adding value
- How to utilize a simple 4-step process to help articulate your value in a concise and professional way
- How to break out of perceived limitations and “think outside the job description”
A Conversation with John Paul Stephens, PhD
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 PM
John Paul Stephens, PhD, associate professor of organizational behavior and co-leader of Pathway 4 of the Think[Big] Strategic Plan, spoke with attendees to provide an update on Pathway 4 of the Think[Big] Strategic Plan. There was ample time discussion on each of the 3 objectives of this Pathway (case.edu/thinkbig/agora). We talked about the coronavirus pandemic and how it has affected our work.
Some of the major discussion points are listed below. The APN has followed up with JP and we are planning exciting events based on some of these points.
- Opportunities for open dialogue; how do we create a culture where people feel emotionally safe?
- Timely and consistent communications from the leadership
- Building and maintaining mutual trust with administrative leadership
- Assembly of a unified faculty/staff senate
- Continuing leadership development
Special Webinar: How to Get More Respect at Work
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 am
We celebrated Administrative Professionals Day with a special webinar presented by Chrissy Scivicque, Career Coach & Corporate Trainer (eatyourcareer.com)!
After the webinar, we were able to:
- Define "respect"
- Recognize why respect is necessary at work
- Identify what respect looks like in the workplace
- Engage in strategies to increase respect
- And more!
This worksheet helped us follow along with the webinar!
Virtual Coffee Hour
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 am
Virtual Coffee Hour is a place for you to come together with your peers, share your successes and your struggles, and talk about what tools and training you need to succeed right now and continue to excel in your career.