With the Emerging Scholars Program’s support, ESP students have achieved graduation rates well above those of Case Western Reserve students in general.
- Our six-year graduation rate is 93%, compared to 85% for all CWRU students. The six-year graduation rate is the standard metric used by colleges and universities to measure and compare bachelor’s degree completion.
- Our five-year graduation rate is 90%, compared to 83% for all CWRU students.
- Our four-year graduation rate is 70%, compared to 68% for all CWRU students.
The data on underrepresented minority students reveals an even larger “ESP advantage.” Of those who entered the program between 2011 and 2016, 91% have graduated in six years or less, compared to 77% of underrepresented students not in ESP.
ESP alumni are also successful in their chosen career pathways. As of May 2020:
- More than one-third of ESP alumni (35%) who earned bachelor’s degrees at Case Western Reserve are pursuing, or have obtained, at least one advanced degree.
- 22% of all ESP alumni have graduated from, are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to academic or professional doctoral programs, seeking degrees in fields such as medicine, dentistry, audiology, epidemiology and law.
- ESP alumni in computer science and engineering are working for companies such as Google, Twitter, Avery Dennison, PMI Industries and OverDrive.
- In the healthcare field, ESP alumni include a physician, a medical resident and several registered nurses.