The Experience Portfolio is a student-curated collection of materials from the courses taken in the Written, Oral & Multimodal Communication sequence of the Unified General Education Requirements. It includes:
- One essay from the Academic Inquiry Seminar (AIQS)
- A reflection prepared during the AIQS
- One essay from each of the two Communication-Intensive Seminars
- Materials from the Disciplinary Communication Seminar, as defined by the department/program
- The public-facing executive summary and/or other materials from the Senior Capstone
- A summative reflection prepared as part of the Senior Capstone
Collecting and reflecting on these materials is a process that asks CWRU students to synthesize what they have learned and to make plans for their continued development as writers and communicators. The Experience Portfolio will be used for programmatic assessment of writing and communication courses.
Submitting an Experience Portfolio is a graduation requirement for students who matriculate in Fall 2023 or later. Students can access their portfolios through Canvas (canvas.case.edu) or CampusGroups (community.case.edu, under My Activity/My Checklists).
Please note: Students who matriculated prior to Fall 2023 are required to complete the SAGES Writing Portfolio instead of the Experience Portfolio.