AL WILHELMY FLOWERS has been providing flowers to the Greater Cleveland area since c. 1880.
Albert R. Wilhelmy Sr. opened the first Al Wilhelmy Flowers location, which drew acclaim from the Florists’ Review in 1916 and 1918. Wilhelmy Sr. expanded to add Wilhelmy Flowers Complete at 2205 Clark Avenue on March 23, 1918.
Wilhelmy Sr. passed the business on to his son, Albert R. Wilhelmy Jr., who owned and operated the business until his death in 2013.
Al Wilhelmy Flowers creates floral arrangements for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and funerals.
Al Wilhelmy Flowers is affiliated with Florists’ Transworld Delivery Inc. (FTD), based in Downers’ Grove, Illinois. FTD is a wire delivery service and floral retailer for over 16,000 florists in the United States.
Now with three store fronts, Al Wilhelmy Flowers is located on Lorain Avenue and within the downtown Hyatt Regency on Superior Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Al Wilhelmy Flowers also has a Westlake location on Detroit Road.
Al Wilhelmy Flowers is a member of the ONE HUNDRED YEAR CLUB of the Western Reserve.