The BICKNELL FUND was incorporated in 1949 in Cleveland by Kate Hanna Bicknell and WARREN BICKNELL, JR., "for the purpose of promoting the well-being of mankind." The fund grants go primarily to local community and educational institutions, but not to individuals or for loans. In 1994 assets of the fund were over $6.4 million, with expenditures of over $291,200 for grants ranging from $1,000-$35,000. In 1995 Kate B. Kirkham served as president; Robert G. Acklin served as secretary. Former president and trustee Kate H. Bicknell died in 1993; other family members also serve as officers of the fund.