BLOSSOM, HENRY C. (16 Nov. 1822-18 Aug. 1883) was a business leader and life member of the WESTERN RESERVE HISTORICAL SOCIETY and the Northern Ohio Historical Society. He was born in Chester, GA, to Orrin and Laura Fellows Blossom. Blossom came to the Cleveland area in the 1830s to work in a hardware store, first in Painesville. In a few years, he joined the William Bingham & Co. (forerunner of the W. BINGHAM CO.) as a clerk. By the early 1840s Blossom had become a partner; he remained with the firm for 35 years. He belonged to Second Presbyterian Church.
In 1850 Blossom married Amma Louisa Nash of Willoughby; the couple had 2 children, Henry S. and Josie (Mrs. C.) Clark. Blossom died in Hamburg, Germany; he is buried in LAKE VIEW CEMETERY.