The COLONIAL THEATER opened on 16 Mar. 1903. It was located at Superior Ave. near E. 9th St. Built by the McMillans of Detroit, the 1,472-seat theater was a distinguished house for almost 30 years. Shortly after it opened, it was leased by Drew & Campbell of the Star Theater and for several years was used for vaudeville productions. Among its subsequent managers were F. Ray Comstock and ROBERT MCLAUGHLIN. The name of the theater was changed to the Shubert-Colonial Theater on 9 Sept. 1918. Theatrical attractions were presented during the regular seasons, while in the summer, stock companies used its facilities. The theater was demolished in 1932.