EUCLID CHEMICAL COMPANY, or Euco, has been a standard supplier of products for concrete and masonry construction for over one hundred years. Euclid Chemical, currently a subsidiary of RPM International, started as Klein Building Products Company in 1910. Klein supplied waterproofing agents and concrete additives to the construction industry. Founder Jacob Klein sold the company to his business partner, Lawrence Korach, in 1954. Korach continued to operate Euco until 1984 when it was purchased by RPM.
RPM is a publicly traded corporation located in Medina, Ohio, With a value of $3.5 million as of 2010, RPM operated Euclid Chemical and continues a focus on the “Euco Method” which is recognized as an industry standard in the world of masonry and concrete construction. Under RPM’s management Euclid Chemical has expanded into a larger business group which includes Euclid USA, Euclid Canada, Euclid Toxement, and CAVE. The company shares joint venture and licensee relationships with partners throughout Latin American, the Asian Pacific, and Middle East.
Euclid Chemicals products include, or have included admixtures, fibre, integral colors, shotcrete, grouts, repair mortars, bonding agents, adhesives, coatings, curing and sealing compounds, dry shake hardeners, joint fillers, densifiers, and waterproofing agents. Its brands include Euco, Eucon, Plastol, Increte, Tuf-Strand, Fiberstrand, Dural, Vandex, QWIKjoint, and EucoRepair. Euclid’s northeast Ohio plant is located at 19000 Cochran Avenue in EUCLID, Ohio.
The Euclid Chemical Company is a member of the ONE HUNDRED YEAR CLUB OF THE WESTERN RESERVE.