The FIRMAN FUND was incorporated in 1951 by Pamela Humphrey Hanna Firman. The fund supports annual campaigns, building funds, and general support for hospitals, medical, higher and secondary education, cultural programs, youth agencies, community funds, and land conservation programs. Most grants are made to Greater Cleveland-area charitable organizations. No grants are given to individuals, for research, or for loans. Major beneficiaries have been UNIV. HOSPITALS, the CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA, the CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY, UNITED WAY SERVICES and VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE SERVICES. In 1994 assets of the fund were over $8.28 million, with expenditures of over $528,854 for 91 grants ranging from $250 to $30,000. In 1995 Pamela H. Firman was the fund's president.