FOREST HILL CHURCH, PRESBYTERIAN, at 3031 Monticello Blvd. and Lee Rd., CLEVELAND HTS., originally known as CLEVELAND HTS. Presbyterian Church, began in Nov. 1903 (chartered 1916) as a mission of Beckwith Memorial Church (later part of the CHURCH OF THE COVENANT). A few people from Beckwith held Sunday morning classes, and Rev. Albert J. Alexander, Beckwith's minister, conducted Sunday evening services in a home on Radnor Rd., Cleveland Hts. On 5 Feb. 1905, this group established the Mayfield Hts. Branch of Beckwith Memorial and moved to the Superior St. School House, at Euclid Hts. Blvd. and Superior Rd. The congregation started a building campaign, and on 14 June 1908 laid the cornerstone for the Cleveland Hts. Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Mayfield Rd. and Preyer Ave. Dedicated on 24 June 1909, the church separated from Beckwith Memorial on 1 Mar. 1910. When Rev. Joseph J. Weber, the first minister (1909-10), resigned because of illness, Rev. Edward S. Claflin succeeded him (1910-16). During the ministry of Rev. W. F. Dickens-Lewis (1917-34), a new education wing was built for the expanding Sunday school. On 5 Apr. 1946, Rev. Yoder P. Leith began a long pastorate, ending with his retirement to pastor emeritus in 1970.
In Oct. 1946 the growing church purchased property at Lee Rd. and Monticello Blvd.; a building fund was started in 1948. Ground was broken on 7 May 1950, the cornerstone laid 17 Sept. 1950, and on 21 May 1951, the newly named Forest Hill Church, Presbyterian, a brick Georgian Colonial church, was dedicated. An education wing was added in 1956, and in 1964 another addition was dedicated. Rev. Dr. Ned W. Edwards, assistant minister from 1963-1970, served as senior pastor from Sept. 1970 until his retirement in 1992. Membership in 1995 stood at 630, and the pastor was Rev. Dr. John C. Lentz, Jr.