The GESTHSEMANE LUTHERAN CHURCH (FINNISH) was the oldest of the Finnish churches located on the west side. The church, affiliated with the Suomi Synod of Calumet, MI, was begun in 1903 as the Finnish Natl. Evangelical Lutheran Church. It held services in the Old Stone Church until it rented space on Central Ave. In 1914, the church rented (and later bought, in 1924) a building at 1433 W. 57th St., formerly occupied by Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church. The Norwegian Church moved to 5734 Franklin, a building it later sold to Bethany Natl. Evangelical Lutheran Church, a second Finnish church. The church disbanded in 1965 after most of its parishioners moved from the neighborhood.