The GILBERT W. AND LOUISE IRELAND HUMPHREY FOUNDATION (formerly the Louise Foundation) was incorporated in 1951 by Gilbert W. Humphrey and Louise Ireland Humphrey. The foundation supports preselected educational institutions (no individuals), MUSIC and other cultural programs, community funds, hospitals, nursing programs and social agencies, primarily in Ohio. New appeals are not encouraged. In 1994, with assets of $1.6 million, the foundation expended $132,200 for 24 grants averaging $1,000-$30,000. The fund's 1995 president was Louise Ireland Humphrey.
See also PHILANTHROPY and FOUNDATIONS.