GRABER, C. LEE (4 July 1874-23 Jan. 1954) was the founder of
Born in Justus (Stark County), Ohio to Christian and Mary G., Graber attended Ohio Northern University, graduating with a pharmacy degree (1895), and the Bachelor of Science (1896). Graber received the Doctor of Medicine degree (1898) from the University of Cincinnati and did post-graduate work at New York University, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Western Reserve University.
Graber practiced in Mount Eaton, OH, before settling in Lakewood around 1904. From 1905-1907 he taught at the Cleveland College of Physicians and Surgeons. In 1907 Graber and his wife,
In 1920 Graber built the Lakewood Medical Building on Detroit and Westwood Avenues where he maintained his offices. He was Lakewood Hospital's Chief of Staff from 1907-1932, and Chief of Surgery from 1907-1948. In 1953 Graber was elected emeritus of surgery.
Graber was a fellow of the American College of Physicians and Surgeons and belonged to numerous medical and surgical societies.
The Grabers were married on 11 Oct. 1899. They had no children. Graber belonged to the Lakewood Methodist Church. He is buried in Lakewood Park Cemetery.