The HCS FOUNDATION was established in 1959 in Cleveland by Harold C. Schott. The foundation limits its giving to Ohio and supports health organizations, cultural institutions, education, and services for the handicapped. In 1992 the foundation held assets of over $53.8 million and expended over $2.34 million for 17 grants, ranging between $1,000 and $500,000. Significant grantees that year included $500,000 to JOHN CARROLL UNIV., and $100,000 to CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV.'s School of Law. The HCS Foundation also has helped fund capital improvements for PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF GREATER CLEVELAND, the CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY and HAWKEN SCHOOL, as well as the installation of CWRU's fiber optic network. The foundation was located at 1801 E. 9th St. in 1995.