HEYDEMANN, LILY CARTHEW (3 Dec. 1888-8 May 1971) was active as a dramatic teacher, director, and performer in Cleveland during the 1920s. Born Lily Pelonsky in Boston, Mass., she made her stage debut there at 16 and acted professionally for 7 years until her marriage in 1915 to a physician, Dr. Martin Heydemann. She then turned her theatrical interest towards the writing of monologues for herself and Chautauqua speakers, published through at least 5 editions as Lily Carthew's Monologues. Coming to Cleveland with Dr. Heydemann in 1919, she opened a dramatic studio in the Fine Arts Bldg. on EUCLID AVE. in 1922. She acted locally at the CLEVELAND PLAY HOUSE, gave monologues at the CITY CLUB OF CLEVELAND, WOMEN'S CITY CLUB, CLEVELAND WOMAN'S CLUB, and the TEMPLE, and did some radio broadcasting over WTAM and WJAX. Her play "Help, Help" was produced at the METROPOLITAN THEATER in 1925. Heydemann also directed plays at the Temple and for the Gilpin Players at KARAMU HOUSE. Following the death of her husband in 1930, she moved to New York City. She died at the Edwin Forrest Home in Philadelphia, survived by a daughter, Betty Robins.