HOFFMAN, FLARRA B. (1907-4 April 1994) played a key role in establishing a Cleveland congregation of the Church of God. Born in Snowden, West Virginia, she moved to Cleveland in 1943. She and her husband Charles held prayer meetings in their home until their growing congregation secured the old Grace Episcopal Church building on Bolivar Street downtown, and a minister, the Rev. J.A. Lewis, head of the Church of God Home Missions Board, was sent to Cleveland. The church moved to East 55th Street in 1946 and to its current site at 12401 Cooley Avenue in 1964. Hoffman also helped establish a Church of God in North Ridgeville.
She was survived by her niece, Vivian Harmon of Olmsted Township; nephews, Boyd Kingery of Medina and Dewey Kingery of Nokomis, Florida; grandson, Kenneth Hoffman of West Salem, Ohio; and brother, Arvil Elkins of Albany, Ohio.