The MURCH FOUNDATION was incorporated in 1956 by investment banker MAYNARD HALE MURCH. The foundation supports museums and cultural programs, secondary and HIGHER EDUCATION, and community recreation and hospitals, primarily in Ohio. The Murch Foundation grants only to pre-selected organizations (not individuals) and does not accept applications. In 1993, with assets of over $16.2 million, the foundation disbursed over $503,000 for 65 grants between $1,000 and $55,000. In 1993 Maynard H. Murch IV served as foundation president and treasurer. Other family members served as trustees.